R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How do i tell the state of my batteries?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 11:15 AM
jd-santaclarita
Tech Rookie

Default How do i tell the state of my batteries?

Hi all,
I am pretty new to the sport. I jumped in head first and bought a "package deal" from someone who converted from electric to nitro. Now i have a T3/T4/B3/B4 and about 12 sets of matched battery packs, etc.

I am trying to get a handle on the state of the batteries and trying to understand how i can tell if they are up to snuff or a bottleneck. I have charged them all and ran them all and it seems to be a highly variable and random experience.....both because i charge them all up the night before i go to the track and on track day i just grab one out, pop it in and run. Some seem to do good and last 10-15 min or so, some seem to only last a min or 2, etc. I just havent wrapped my head around it yet, because i was also told to discharge them completely (with the lights or zero-izer) then recharge them to bring them back to life, etc..

Is there any way to understand the state of these things?

Here is the summary of the batteries i have:
4 SMC MATCHED 3300 PACKS ONE IS NOT BUILT YET,2 INTEGY 3000 MATCHED(PRACTICE) 1 FUSION 3300 MATCHED, 1 FUKUYAMA 3300 MATCHED, 1 PROMATCH 3300 AND 3 3300 GPS, ALL BATTERIES WORK AND WERE STORED WITH A CHARGE