R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Scythe" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 01-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dragonfire - It will come with molded pistons and I am not aware of any plans for aftermarket "machined" ones. The difference though is that these are not your "typical" piston. They are a special shape to aid in the fit/drag and fluid flow through them. In my testing, they were much more consitant than even a machined piston.

mikky32 - The white belts are the Bomber belts. The production belts (which I just recieved) are black belts so you won't need spray paint. As far as the body, I didn't have time to get any to my painter as I've been really busy with other stuff. I will have all painted bodies for the Snowbirds and I already have all the rubber tire bodies on their way here so I can get them painted for the coming races.

Besercoe - When you are in person at a race, people are going to see it whether it's standing next to the track or working on it at the bench. To hide it at an event is impossible. Also, to let people look and even pick up the car usually gives them no reason to sneak pics out onto the web. You can talk to them and tell them - Yes, the shocks aren't production and there are other minor things that will change as needed so there aren't so many questions and speculations online. The top decks I've been running are previous designs and the production ones look different. As far as the camber link plate - you can use thin nut to lock the screw in place. I hope you weren't talking about the Photon wins..... Beating Kevin Herbert on his home track after he had run either 1st, 2nd or 3rd all year in both 10.5, 13.5 and Mod classes as well as a bunch of other great drivers. Last weekend @ 360 it was against a lot of the top Losi guys (who dominated the Birds last year except in Mod).... I haven't raced against any TOP drivers racing a Scythe while I was racing the Photon either...