R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T2’009
Thread: XRAY T2’009
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 03:33 PM
PitNamedGordie
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RugRunner
Guys....Noobie....Here whats the difference between uptravel and droop? and how is it I read about guys setting there droop above ride height? does that mean if my ride hieght is 5 my droop is 6.5 if my droop is 1.5....Does that mean I use droop blocks and set my arm at hub on my droop guage and it should be at the 6.5 mark? I am alittle confused......What is a good amount of droop? Also if my car is loose or lifting a tire in fast corners can droop fix this? any help is appericiated.....By the way I have a setup book on order...

Whats the difference between uptravel and droop?
They are the same thing.

How is it I read about guys setting there droop above ride height? There are two different ways of measuring the same thing. Setting droop above ride height you will see it noted at 2mm above ride height for example. Which means you will be able to lift your car up 2mm before the tires leave the ground...otherwise "uptravel". On a droop gauge you will see droop noted as 5, 5.5, 6, etc. This is set using droop blocks and a droop gauge. I find using the gauge an easier way to measure droop.

Also if my car is loose or lifting a tire in fast corners can droop fix this? Yes. The more droop your car has the more the chassis will roll. The more chassis roll the more grip you will have. I use 6 in the front and 5 in the rear.

The setup guide is one of the best collections of setup information that you will find. Read up on it and try testing how droop effects you car on the track.