R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2009 J.B.R.L. OFFROAD ELECTRIC RACING SERIES..
Old 01-19-2009, 08:24 AM
AC Driver
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
How do you draw the line at "sponsored". A guy that gets 15-25% everything at a hobby shop since he works there, is he "sponsored" This is a better deal then a lot of motor/battery guys get. What do you do with someone that gets help in the middle of the season? I think most all of the expert stock buggy and truck guys will move up to super stock and not run stock anymore since there is no expert class but I don't know that for a fact. Most big races do not offer expert stock classes anymore as well. Racing against faster guys will make you faster. Lets see how it all goes before we internet bash it to death before a race has even been run.
Wasn't bashing at all. Like I said, I will be running regardless. Last year was my first JBRL and I had a total blast! I am out there for the fun of it (and to get away from the house, i.e. wife for a weekend ) but the little bit of cash at the end sure is nice. I was just expressing my thoughts. I would hope that the "better" drivers would sign up where they think they will be the most competitive and not just go for a win. Anyway, thats my$.02 again. Is it march yet? I want to see how my cat will do on other tracks.