R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2003, 01:02 AM
alan1467
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Re: v12's front oneway.

Originally posted by racenut123
I just received my Front oneway built by v12's friend Jurgen.I must say.If there is one thing that is gonna help beside the tech racing setup,this oneway has helped immensly.I have tested it so far without stripping.I have purposely put it through situatuations that would cause the ring gear to strip.Nothing.Its built exactly like a oneway from yokomo.The gear is now being completely supported by the backing plate that is part of the oneway itself.So the ring gear is mounted on the opposite side of the gear now.The gear is recessed and Jurgen did an excellent Job on the machining the oneway to fit flush with the back of the ring gear itself.Its a perfect fit.I don't see myself stripping another gear unless its an extremely hard crash at full throttle.I now see there may be a problem stripping out the pinion gear instead.I hope not.I will kepp thrash testing this oneway and let you know how it holds up.Its very promising!
I have also had one of these oneway units off Jurgan and it is great I've run it for four indoor meetings now (with a few VERY hard crashes) and no gear problems at all, the oneway gear is like new no sign of any tooth damage. Jurgan is also going to make a spool of the same design which should be very good aswell