R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 05:19 PM
JLock
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Sorry to ask this Jlock, ..... I'm looking for a confirmation.

When you say "SPEC", is this also means : We have to use only PERFEX radio system and PERFEX servos ? Are adjustable titanium turnbuckles ok to use for steering servo link ?

Thanks J.
J,

The "spec" rules that I have run in Memphis and Jackson are slightly different. In Memphis, you can change the radio gear, add a rechargable RX pack, change the shock and diff oils, add sway bars and turnbuckles (Kyosho brand only), and change tires, but the chassis, engine, and basic car had to be straight out of the box (ie: no milling of the chassis or drilling extra holes for adjustments that can't be done straight out of the box). In Jackson, MS, the rules are the same except race management has allowed us to change the engine. However, the engine has to come from the list of approved ones that race management chose (the engines were less than $180). But, if you wanted to run the box stock radio gear in Memphis, that was fine and if you wanted to run the box stock radio gear and engine in Jackson, that was fine too. So, I had to have the box stock engine for Memphis and chose an approved engine to run in Jackson. Both places decided not to do an "open" class to do the mods that many of you have done to help keep the class from becoming money pits like many of the other classes have become.

Spec class is what you make of it but there have to be some limiting rules or else things will get out of hand and then participation will diminish quickly because many will not have the resources or funds to keep up with the top individuals that do have both.

Juan