R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 07:41 AM
John St.Amant
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well I've driven my 416 we for the first time Friday night and on my first run/quilifier i had put 24 sorexes on the car and I must have over heated the tires. There was a fine glaze over the entire tire. It was sliding all over the place. Once I realized what was going on I switched to some 28 sorex tires and what a difference . I had been worried that the spool would not turn well at all. I had thought . "Great , another tarmack setup that doesnt work on carpet." By the last qualifier I was on TQ pace that Dave Johnson had set in the second round. The car was very predictible and smooth. I had never driven a car with a spool in it before . Quite frankly I was surprised at how well it worked . One of these days I'm going to try the one way front differential and see if I can flow through the end of the corner a little faster.
All in all I'd have to say that the chassis is a grade above the older 416 and I an very happy with my new one. I am a little disapointed on the fact that I had to carve on the upper deck to plug in my Li-Po's. The positive lead needed some dremel work. Other than that .... Bellisima!

Last edited by John St.Amant; 01-17-2009 at 10:14 AM.