R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - confusing choices.
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 12:59 PM
NitroLuver
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
+1
Much better than any FM or AM radio. Better response(yeah dsm is actually alot faster), crystal free, interference free security with failsafe.

The engine is also perfectly fine. It will last many gallons and provide you with all the power you need at your level right now. As for the starter, yes a starter box would be much nicer but it will owrk untill you take the plunge and get a box.

My vote still gose for the losi 1.0 pro kit for $275 from Amain with there coupon code.

DSM is not faster than FM...as previously stated there's a reason that all the top tier guys run FM because the response is better...anyway the + of the DSM is zero channel issues which is always a plus for the beginner to expert racer because you can show up and race and or work on your cars in the pits without causing a wreck...but of the two listed the RC8 hands down..the kyosho's are excellent quality but the rtr's are not and to upgrade is crazy high. but at the same time if you shop around you could probably get an FTE RC8 for the cost of the RTR and have an already pro kit vehicle..depends on if you'd like a used car or not(also you'd need a starterbox with it . Knowing what I've been through with rtr's I stick to Kits but The RTR RC8 is far from bad...most important thing..have fun with whatever you buy