R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 11:18 AM
rccobra705
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Nahhhhh Claus, the things are not that way anymore. It only started as mono-brand class because just ONE store supported the class, so they pushed the investment of importing the kits and 100% of the drivers agreed that "at least maintain for 1 full year" closed to DM-ONE. If you see, the class for 2009 allow for .21 free usage engines (.21 lola onroad class not allowed) and free on pipes + the rtr engines and pipes, and for sure on the next voting session by the end of the year, the class will be open for everyone, but always with a set of rules of low cost and things like that.

In fact, as new data, one importer already contacted IPANEMA SINTEC GT Class tyre maker, to import that brand to help support in a better way the hobby.

cya !!

ps : - Call me man !! ... 9338.58.48
Hi Pato

I have been ready to buy me a Kyosho GT2 for some time, because it is cheap for me and a lot of other people to run this class box stock more or less.

As the rules are here for 2009 it means for me, that I can made Saturday training, but not run the race at Sunday because the cars are “different”. Training is hard work and the race is fun and you know that, but it bored to race alone.

And now you tell me, there is open engine for DM-One and then, to race the DM-One competitive, then I need a better engine even you not can use lola on-road engines, (who control that, nobody due that in Chile) so my cost increase, because nobody wants to be 10 laps behind with an RTR.
Better tire supply will not help to increase, if people not can race their cars.

I will quit to buy me a GT2, because there will go 1 year more before I can go racing and the same dicussion will start again.

I will call you later.

Regards Claus