R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Deznuts05
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keyser-Soze
How much weights the car RTR (Engine,tires,fuel,pack,etc) ?
How is the parts durability and reliability ?
How it compares driving ?
Keyser,

I'll try to answer you to the best of my knowledge so here it goes.

1. “Weight of the RTR?” Honestly, I don't have an RTR but for the few owners out there please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd say my 1.5r w/o the grenade motor is 7lbs. That's (2) XP 1015 servos, Protrac 2000mah lipo, Protrac volt limiter, Spektrum micro rx, kit wheels and tires and no body.

In my honest opinion, if you're getting and RTR weight shouldn't be your concern. However, if you're getting the RTR simply b/c you don't want to build it then I’d say the weight would be close to the 1.5r’s.

Next question, "How is the parts durability and reliability?" Honestly, I can't say from personal experience. But from my research, they are just as reliable as any other top company. What I mean by that is some owners seem to run into issues and others don't. From my study, it seems to be an evolving part of the hobby and that if you were to pick one up an RTR its most likely to withstand a newcomers abuse.

Final question, "How it compares driving?" That's pretty easy if you read the last few posts. Most seasoned drivers are saying that it’s a dream to drive. Not many newcomers know about these forums so it’s hard to gauge the “New Driver” aspect. Why not pick one up and try it out and give us a report?

I hope I answered all your questions. If you feel like asking me more feel free to PM me or simply reply to this page and I'm sure a Caster Team member will be able to answer your questions.

Rudy Diaz