R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Setting: Droop VS Camber link position
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2002, 08:13 PM
imataquito
Tech Master

hehe sure i was about to tell u about my new discoveries after playing with my friends 04 pro
we played 4 batt packs with his car yesterday and i i sort of started to fall in love with tamiya 04 -( i m saving money for better equiptment and now i feel like gettin a 04 - save me someone LOL )

ok heres the latest setup .... and i found that the car was superb ...if u yank the stearing hard u will see that the car turns IN the middle (looks like thers something in the middle of the car which lifts it up and place it nicely in the other direction ....)
but tires never show sign of wear from a drift .... it looked like it did not wear at all and the car felt glued ....
some cars even if it felt glued there will be stiull permature war on the tires not because of anything but cause thers DRAG on it caused by the slight but fast drift ( slows u down )

( we used new standard tamiya slicks just to see the see the wear patern to know is its drifting or is it stuck nicely to the road )

the setup?
Front
50W trinity oil
blue roll bar ( make sure its secured nicely ... very important)
higest shock mount
yelow spring(from the 3 springs set)
longest camber link
inner hole for lower A arm mount ( use outer if it restricts ride height )
we used inner cause of bumpy track
droop screws not used ( not restricted cause roll bar will take care of the extra droop naturally )
-1 camber
ride height 7 mm

rear
50w trinity oil
blue roll bar
lowest shock mount
blue spring(from the 3 spring set)
longest camber link
outer hole for shock mount on A arm
droop set to NONE ...which means the arms will not drop down if u lift up the car
lower hole for rear hub
-1 camber

the rear droop should be addjusted untill u get a nice balanced feel while u turn add more droop ( let it travel down more ) if ur rear end is too lose and restrict droop( dun let it travel down )
if u want to make it slightly more responsive.

look at the car while it takes a preety sharp turn look for the balance see if the front or rear end moves first try to make them move together it will look like theres something in the centre which lift the car up and move it

also do try the front and rear droop without any restriction ( it can travel down all it likes and up all it likes ) and with total restriction ( if u lift the car up it will not droop at all the ride height is the max travel)

and then try front no droop rear max droop and vice versa ....
plz tell me the results ... here hehe

want to know ... if what i felt is right its kinda confusing.....for me
anyway so far the car is now set to the settings above ... hehe my friend can control it BEAUTIFULLY and i find it sweet but it gets boring after 1-2 battry packs .... too easy - stress free - sleepy- kickless setup ... eheh thats me .... but my friend kinda enjoy it ...
easy to handle and still interesting to control he says
give it a try ... as ur next setup .....

and try not to keep swaying form setup to setup ...
get one thet u like ... then use it and addjust the minor things like droop - camber etc etc to suit the ever changing conditions at the track..

but looking for the setup that u like ,... is something harder than it sounds - i know ..... lol tried countless setups on the 04 b4 finding one that suits my friend