R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 08:27 AM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

DOTMAN: I have had the same issue with the rubbing of the springs/retainer, or the shock eyelet at the bottom of the shock with the rear tower up front. But it usually does it when i run 26 mm front foams. Seems (to best of my memory, and im getting old mind you...) it didnt make a difference with ASC or Losi hubs. I also use both hub carriers, or caster blocks, ASC doesnt make 6 degree carriers, so i have been using Losi carriers to keep it simple for me, but with the same results. I usually cut down my fronts (width) anyways... 24mm front and 26mm back. Which seemed to solve the issue. The only time i run 26mm front is with 30mm foams in the rear and no rear toe... or 26mm rubbers. I always stretch my 24mm tires over 26mm rims and inserts, and shape the sidewalls with a dremel and a sanding drum for smooth consistent sidebite. Maybe if i used less steering lock to lock it wouldnt happen? Hope this helps.

RacerDX: Sounds to me like your servo saver adjustment is too loose... or maybe you have a partially stripped gear in your servo? The gear would usually make an obvious noise though... Check it out and let us know!

Boomer: Thanks for the props on the 4X2 chassis, im sure i wasnt the only one to think of it, but alot of time went into that chassis with a dremel and files. I was very pleased to see it do so well on the track. It just wasnt feasible when utilizing the same batteries for several different cars in different classes, or needing someone elses pack in a pinch! Back to the drawing board!!
- Dave