R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - lets talk tires
Thread: lets talk tires
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 11:15 PM
EVOLUTION
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by fmolzer
It seems to me that there is something in this reasoning that does not make sense. If I was a tire manufacturer, yes, I would experiment with new compounds, cell structures etc. But if I am smart, I should release these tires to the general racing public as soon as functionality has been track verified. Why? Simple. I live in a competitive environment, there are plenty of people out there making and selling tires. If I want my customer to buy and continue to buy my tires, I need to sell them the best tires I am capable of producing. Nobody selects racing tires based on cost (with the exception of club races maybe) My only way to compete is to sell tires that give my customer a percieved (or real) advantage on the track. Why would I keep my best tires to a select few and sell yesterdays tire technology to the guys that will select primary on performance. I think if I did that, my potential customers would soon find alternative suppliers.

Just my 2 cents.
I was talking more on a worlds champs level.Did you see A.Rossi offering his team engines to every tom,dick and harry?

When you have the prestige and everything that goes with that in winning the major titles,you can be sure that the major companies in engines,tyres or whatever will have there "extra tenths of a second" products for the teams/drivers that they wish to support.

do we have any go cart racers in the crowd who competitively race shifter carts?? and if so have you heard of a fuel product called stealth.