R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 10:08 PM
STLNLST
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
I can't comment much on carpet, but for asphalt, the 416 is tops, hands down! I've ran every version of the 415 (minus the MSXX, although I ran the MSXX top deck on my MRE). The 416 is just better over all. The best 415 was the original... hands down. Like everyone else is saying, it's all about setup. I've run the 416 on carpet (rubber tires) a few times. It handled great once I figured out what it needed for which ever track conditions came about. Overall, it took me a couple months to learn how to setup the car, and I was just coming from the MRE.
Thanks for your input. Looks like I may be getting the 416. Now all I have to do is see where to get it the cheapest

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Dang dude. I NEVER thought you would buy a Tamiya!!

With that, the car looks awesome. Will have to see how you do with it. I have always wanted one. But never did
I never thought I'd get one either but you already know the problems we face running the HB.

Originally Posted by Hebiki
buy it quick..then we can see you at the Tamiya TCS race in the first weekend of Feb!
There's no way that I could make that race and I still have to sell my Cyclone before I can get me a Tamiya.

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Run the Hupo Reedy Race setup at Ripon and SW, it will be good on both, for the small track stand the rear shocks up 2 holes on the tower and you should be dialed.

It's that easy huh??? I will go and take a look at his set up. The only bad thing about me being Tamiya ignorant is understanding how much toe the set up calls for since the blocks uses letters instead of numbers