R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SMC 4000/25C/3.7V single cell Hardcase pack.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Kwikvdub
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Like Donny said, I run mine with no receiver pack nor booster, and my Rev.5 has no problem what so ever..... 2 straight weekends and it counts fine, runs great,....... even after the 8 min. mark.

My set-up is the same for my 4-cell runs...... Pretty much run the same for both confirguations. In my Speed Merchant car, I run the Novak 4-cell BL Speedo, Specktum Micro Receiver W/ Cap, JR Mini Servo........Jaco Liliacs Front/Yellow Rear.......Red center spring, .020 in the front and.023 on the sides, TQ Sensor cable and wires, 13.5 DUO BL Motor...... Car is dialed and lots of fun to drive. No wear on the tires and I can go for weeks on a single set. The car does not tweek.......... Tires can be chuncked just a little bit and no ill affects.

The car runs with everything working properly. Never had problems with skipping lap counting and the car has plenty of punch. At the end of the runs, I'm usually 1 to 2 tenths off my good lap times early on my run. Motor and speedo are never very hot and the motor is lupe warm after a run.

This set-up is growing every week at our track and bringing in new drivers. One battery all day and you have the chargers already for your sedans. Buy a set of tires and a body and your ready to go........Oh and BTW, the CRC Black Art Body is dialed in that car. Another body that works good for me is the proto 12....... Good everywhere I go.

..........Bottom line Guys, you need these batteries in stock at your local track. Cars handle real nice(including you T-Bar owners) and the wear is huge on these cars. At first it felt "lite on it's feet" but with testing bodies, gearing and tires combo, it simply feels awesome to drive. At the end of my runs, I dust it off with a air compressor, charge the battery and chill with your friends.

Some Guys at this weekend's Grand Slam Race at 360 will see our 1c cars run and they can check back here with what they witnessed. We'll have some footage of some of our runs on video real soon and post them here.......... So stay tuned.........

.............Hope this helps out anyone..........Enjoy!!