R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - So, whats wrong with the Hellfire?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Dvx400Rider
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Maximo
I liked the hellfire at the time I ran it... It was definitely a much better handling machine then my Revo was, we broke several control arms and chewed a few diff's, however for the most part it was good for its time... The fuel tank is one of the best, it tunes very nicely from full to empty... working on the HF is a bit of a pain if i remember correctly, but not nearly as bad as a Revo or Savage....... On the track the HF did decent also, it has no issue beating up any of the MT's, and could hang with the Truggies of that day, LSP, XUT etc.. But once the CRT and MBX5T came around I no longer ran the HF, the newer trucks were IMO much better racers.....For what it is the there is nothing wrong with the Hellfire really and if your dead set on one then by all means go for it.....If all your doing is bashing then the HF will do just fine, and if your already impressed with the Savage's durability then the Hellfire is going to also make you happy ! how much can you buy the HF for ?
A brand new one at the HS is like $610. On ebay, they go all over price range, on average though, they're about 250-300 on ebay. Sometimes 160, but rarely.