R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn CL-12E engine
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Speyederjedi
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi
So far so good with the Capricorn. Has about 1.5litres of fuel through it of Tornado 16%, only got to about 95degC, still very very rich.

Very tight, still cannot turn it over with out a plug in it, all the internals look like new, and the engine idled and ran very well, very impressed so far.

Only negative was the LSN, it seems to been locktite in, very hard to screw in, almost stripped it, did you guys notice this also?
One of the things I always do when I purchase a new engine is take it apart and check for any metal debri which may have been left behind in the casting or milling. In that process I place a drop or 2 of after run oil on the LSN and HSN just in case the o-rings are a bit dry. This prevents the o-ring from binding or tearing when I start the break-in and start adjusting the needle settings. I have had engines in the past where the o-ring was to dry and it tore when trying to adhust the needle. it sounds like that may be the pronlem you are having. I have 2 Sirio Evo 4 STI's and a Capricorn CL12-ET and never had a problem with the LSN or HSN due to the previous process I mentioned. Hope this helps

Regards,
Speyederjedi