R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Korey Harbke
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It is maybe a tiiiiny bit heavier on the motor side without electronics because of the servo mounts, the steering arm pointing on that side of the car, and the fact the motor mount/bulkhead piece is a little more hefty.

As a whole, you really should balance your car left to right with all your electronics in the car. I honestly can't give you a set amount of weight to slap on the car because it depends on what electronics you have in your car, and even wiring layout/how much wire to a certain extent.

What I do is weigh all of my electronics on a scale, then weigh my battery. I look at the difference between each side, and add weight accordingly. That will at least get you in the ballpark. At that point I think about where the weight should be put on that side of the car. Usually I put a little more in the rear because I need to make that side equal with the motor on the opposite side. After the car is all balanced, I usually just add weight equalll aroudn the car untill I reach the min weight as specified at the track I'm racing at. If the min isn't specified I always just go to roar minimum weight (which I never seem to remember anymore).

One of these days when I get a killer camera I'll put up a sort of killer tuning guide with pictures for you guys. It's sometimes hard to explain these things without pictures haha.

I hope that helps, if youhave any more questions, feel free to post them.

-Korey