R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What to buy?? Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 09:23 PM
1cougar1
Tech Apprentice

Cool

just so you know , i love giving advice like this.for one the thuder tiger , or whatever you called it. doesnt seem vary note worthy. if your going to get a truggy go w/ a top of the line rtr cause for one, you got it running right away two, you can basically buy hop-ups and up-grades as you go or need to buy them. only diff in the kits are better quality parts which in most cases the parts that are on the kit that are better quality can be substituded onto your rtr , so now you got spares.

now as for the truggy id buy and i think you should look into is a 8ight rtr, ofna hyper st rtr, or the rc8t rtr which i think they will be coming out by the time you plan on buying your truck. i know right now there are ofna hyper st's on ebay for $370.00 and 8ight-t's for $497.00. those are both top of the line truggies and can virtually be completely motified. the 8ight-t' got a spin-start which are bassically hassle free. the spin-start has a handle type deelly and a starter wand you attach to it. and you put it in the rear of the engine and just press a button. and for the hyper st. it has a pull start like you've allready been informed. there not that bad. was hesitaing buying a truck w/ a pull start . due to the fact i had a 70 3-wheeler when i was young and it was a pain, completly diff in rc.....whew thats alot of info: )

buggies are really great. i wouldnt listen to the guy whos says buggies are just for racing and doesnt think there good for anything else. lots and lots of people buy buggies matter a fact i think there the most common type of all around rc, off-road, in the steet, on a treack, or just bashing the crap out of em. i like buggies., now buying a buggy same deal as the truggy, buy rtr and up-grade as needed or as your knowledge grows about the sport/hobby of rc. plus rtrs are great first cars. good ones to look a are losi 8ight, hyper's by ofna, the tq black looks pretty good id buy one if i had a million $"s along www/about 30 other cars. associated rc8, there are some other brands like mugen, kyosho, o'donnall, xray, or hot bodies, but there pretty much all kits and for the more advanced racer.look em though you might get hooked..

well i think ive run out of things to say now. hope you wernt to offended by all the stuff i have to say..you know you might want to look into monster trucks too. there really great fun. and ive heard of lots of people racing MT"s. ones to look into, revo 3.3(that one guy says no traxxas well thats just bull. no offence no traxxas guy). or the losi lst2, or lst xxl or the t-maxx, or the savage. they make a few of these but the x 4.6 is the one i like best. associated mgt or mini mgt. those are all really good ones. last thing. you mentioned earlier on about a set up. as for excessories it looks good, but the only thing your missing is a good hauler bag. a must! look into them a good site to start at wood be wingtote.com. well thats about it. hope you enjoy reading about my opinions and about what i know. so ll be seeing ya and remmber,"have fun". your pal, clay unruh