R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4 + EVO
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:13 AM
freestyles
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viperbill1963
hey guys and gals ... i just about finished putting toghether a mongoose from rd logics i am breaking in a motor and need some good parking lot set ups oil and springs suggestions for the shocks ,any one have a general idea of the spring rate of the kit standard silver springs ,i have checked out wolf's hobbies set ups , but those were for smooth prepared super tracks for nats races thanks and remember i love the smell of nitro in the morning
Don't we all If your going to be doing a lot of parking lot bashing they usually aren't the smoothest of surfaces. So i would suggest to drill your shock pistons out to 2 holes at 1.2-1.3mm each. This helps with the sudden impact that these types of surfaces throw at you. The bigger the hole the easier it is for the oil to go through so when you go over a little imperfection at 80+km/h the shock would react very quickly so if the shock can compress easier it will soak up the bumps better, i hope i didn't confuse you.

I would then use 50-60wt oil in them after drilling the holes out with the blue 1.7mm spring up front and the purple 1.5mm spring in the back but lately i have been running 1-2mm spring sizes less all round to try and compensate for little to no chassis flex

hope that helped

Last edited by freestyles; 01-08-2009 at 11:29 PM.