R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Getting back in
Thread: Getting back in
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 10:57 AM
bigkoitat
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

RPM750 six month's ago I was in the same boat I was kinda on the fence with BL and lipo's. But have to say it's worth every penny, low maintenance and user friendly. No more cutting comm's, changing brushes, and most of all CYCLING NIMH When I got back into it I only bought 1 Lipo and bought the Losi Excelorin system and still using both after 7month's.
When using lipo's just get the balance right on the car, my 3400 is almost half the weight of my 6-cell packs. BL motors have a ton of torque on them too is why the different gearing needed to run properly. And almost no motor braking. I have the Excelorin like I said, the Speed Passion, and the Novak GTB. They all work well, but the SP and The Losi can be fine tuned trackside without a laptop. For instance a low to no traction asphalt track if you have the punch st for a more grippier track your having a bad day of drifting if not looping the thing out of every corner. So you just simply change the throttle punch to low, and it will smooth things out quite a bit