R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 07:18 AM
RCGaryK
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trips
Thanks for spotting that... Pro53's WOULD look kinda funny on a 1/12 scale...
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there

Originally Posted by Trips
I could be wrong on this, but i believe the Associated gold and copper springs are 12 and 16 lbs, while the red is 14.

For your car setup, I'd start with .020 springs up front, no preload, -1.5 camber (adjust after a run or two for a good wear pattern, more on that to come later) one shim in front of upper arm, one behind, ride height 3.5mm. olive spring on the shock, 30wt oil, thin (063) tbar, leave the middle pod screw out of the back, ride height 3.5 - 4mm.

If you're running damper discs, I'd put a little 30wt shock oil on them, if you're running tubes, I'd go 7000 to 10,000wt silicone in them.

If the track is carpet, I'd go Parma pro53 Coral rears and Magenta fronts I'd start em at 1.75" (44.5mm) in back and 1.65" (42.1mm) in front. For asphalt, I'd run Parma Pink or Magenta rear with Purple front. Same sizes.

If the car feels too planted and doesn't rotate the corners as well as you'[d like, put the middle pod screw into the t-bar to stiffen up the rear a bit. If you need less steering, maybe .022 springs up front to tame things down some (on asphalt, I've never had to run 22's on carpet) for less steering on carpet, try lighter damening in the tubes, less sauce on the fronts, maybe a bit less negative camber..
How much caster on the front end? For tires I was thinking of starting with CRC Black fronts and Grey-low rears. I've been hearing good things about the CRC tires.