R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 01-05-2009, 09:12 AM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

New post above

Track Report Superior Spectre, Offset pod on a dusty track.

We had fairly strong winds and a recent off-road event that had really dusted up the parking lots. For this reason we had low traction. We prepped the track but it would soon be covered with dust. You could see tire tracks where you travelled. I made a couple small changes to the car to get it to come out of the corner a little more straight in the dust. Last session I needed only about 9 ounces of left rear down tweak to have excellent corner exit manners; the car was a rocket. This compares to 12 with a non offset pod. I added a couple more ounces this week to the 9. I also added another 1/8 inch left rear offset for a total of 1/4 inch. These are both mild setting still compared to a non offset pod. I hope to compare the offset pod with mild settings to a nonoffset pod car on the clock in the future. We are still on the asphalt. The rear tires wore more evenly this track session. .030 inch Right .024 inch left wear.

The pic shows Ron's wide 1/10 pan with an Associated B4 modified front suspension. It is nearing a track test.
John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Oval Cars 1-5-2009 001.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	403207