R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Beginner car for 540 Class
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 04:17 PM
xxblackheartxx2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

rcdude8

at our club every is running lipos now, generally you will only need 1 for 540 as it doesnt suck much out of the battery, but 2 lipos would be better. i recommend you buy your charger and lipo from this store

feralbatteries.com.au

he is in nsw and will do delivery, here is what i would recommend you buy from him:

EP400025C - EP 4000 25C Hard Case Lipo x1

IMAXA6 - Imax A6 AC DC chargerx1
* this charger as a built-in power supply so you dont have to spend another $100 on a powersupply*

no speedy is cheap these days, your best off with a brushless speed control cause u never know when u might step up to stock and everyone runs brushless now.

feral has:
TWRB50ESC17.5 - Team Wave RB50 ESC Combo with 17.5 motor for $320 which is a realy good price, and also comes with your 17.5 incase you want to step up to stock.

our club has 3PM'S for sale with built in spektrum so you dont have to worry about clashing with anyone else. they price around $240 and come with servos

generally people run high rollouts for the 540 motor, bring your car to me when u have it al ready and i can sort out the pinion problem for you as there is a lot to tell you about it.

i know for a fact that the hotbodies cyclone doesnt come with tyres either, so you might want to purchase just one set from our club store as well, a set will cost around $40

hope this has answered all your questions.

nick.