R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - WGT drivers only.
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 AM
skypilot
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silver Cup
An idea...

Maybe you could accomodate both types/combinations at the same time. Go with a LeMans series concept...

One rules package would be WGT1 and the other WGT2. Which ever combination is stronger/faster that would be WGT1. Have drivers link up as Teams...One runs WGT1 the other WGT2. Run in the same race and have points associated with both WGT1 & WGT2 then have a Team Championship combining team points. This is of course assuming your running for points and there would be enough to split into even teams anyway...Maybe everyone can be happy and more cars running than those who may not with either rules package.

This is a similar idea/concept that we are doing this summer in Everett with our EGTC LeMans class. The EGTC Trans-Am class is close to this too. Those that wanted to run 27 Turn/17.5 are considered "Big Block T/A" and those running Silver Can/21.5 are "Small Block T/A"...Both running at the same time but two winners and an overall winner. Silver Cans have one the overall and everyone raced what they wanted and had fun doing it.
FW ran a true Lemans class back in the day, several different chassis and styles of cars on the track at the same time.

FW also tried the variable power plant idea with the Trans Am cars last year, I'm gonna go ahead and say it out loud, it sucked and pretty much killed the class. while there was a battle here and there, everyone was pretty much driving around by themselves overall the car were to fast.

I think deciding what type of racing you want, {several cars in a group battling with the average driver in the mix with the fast guys} or 10 cars on the track with 3 two car battles and a couple of also rans.

I think getting away from points series and points altogether will actually increase turn out. IMO