R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR 2002 Carpet Nats
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2002, 10:18 AM
schurcr
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Xpress ........ it's people like you that have this whole thing wrong. A rule was changed, change by a less than 5% vote of the membership. When ROAR worded the rule the rule was "should foams be allowed on carpet for 10th scale electric TC's". In no way was this rule a mandate to change to foam tires unlike the 170 or so people who voted to amend this rule wanted. This is ROAR's bad and a rule is a rule yet ROAR (executive comitte) choses to change and rewrite rules for it's own personnal agendas.

Xpress, if foams were as widely popular as you would like to have everybody belive then why are there no foams available from TRC or Jaco from the major distributors in this hobby? Why have the major ditributors droped TRC Plaids (touring car front foams) from there product lists? Why is Trackside. the host of the largest touring car race THe US Touring Car Championships running sedans on rubber? Maybe foams arent as popular as the 170 or so people that voted for them thought they were. Anyway's would you even be comming to the race? I think not, so quite your bitchen. So before you go spewing diareah from the mouth about locals and our track maybe, just maybe you should have your facts straight.

As far as wheel offset, I can't think of a current car or one produced in the last 3 years that use something other than the standard offset that is the current standard. Most people attending this event have newere chassis so this isn't an issue. But if there is anybody out there that plans on attending that is using soemthing other than the standard offset that is the current industy standard please drop me an email and I will definetly see what can be done.

Last edited by schurcr; 01-01-2002 at 04:53 PM.