R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 03:15 PM
shawnh
Tech Initiate

Weight wise think logically.
The car was designed to run with heavy Nicads and now we are using Lipos.
It makes sense the place all the lead in the area that has now all of a sudden become light.... the battery slot.

I have made mine back up to just over 1300g's by sticking wheel weights all around this area and also onto the bottom side of the battery itself to keep the centre of gravity nice and low.

Ride height is something I am stuck with. As my club is primarily for touring cars it endorses a minimum of 5mm but we are really coming to grips with this chassis quite well.
My car at present has 6mm rear and 5mm front and I'm also using the 60d wheels and tyres like yourself.
The only other thing I have is alloy shocks with 30wt oil.

One thing I must say is how much more I have to concentrate with the mini, opposed to my Tourer.
The Mini needs to be driven; the Tourer you just hang on. The good thing is though I am now driving better as a whole due to the Mini; and having a blast with it

The Minis were only introduced to boost the numbers at our club in October but the time will come when my tourer goes and the Mini has pride of place.
They are just so much more fun.

We run our finals with a reverse grid and another local club run their finals in completely the opposite direction !
The car is just made to have slightly different rules to the norm

Last edited by shawnh; 01-03-2009 at 03:53 PM.