R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Engine Wars Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2003, 08:50 PM
Taylor-Racing
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Engine wars thread

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Yes, you are absolutly right, one of the advantages is beter cooling, but not only better cooling, also more even cooling on around perimeter of sleeve. There are much more important advantages of it, let's say, during the heat cycles over the race, engine will have different temperature and it will expand hundresds of times during on race. In existing (common) desings we have sleeve change its geometry on lenght and diameter, it will overtight with piston and getting loose many times-it makes engine work not realy stable and wear out moving parts much faster (proven fackt and don't want to discuse about it).
About if it can be done for .12 engine-yes easy can be done and you will see next generation Sirio will have it (I hope), but it is half way to go.
I wish I have better technical laguage to express myself ( my english is sucks).
Your English if fine - a whole lot better than my Russian.
I've often wondered about this . . .

Would there be some advantage in using heat transfer paste when installing the sleeve into the case? This stuff is commonly used to conduct heat away from microprocessors to their heatsinks and works well. The temperature range is similar.

I've also wondered if it might be worthwhile using it between the head button and sleeve, though I don't know how much it might (or might not) compress in this situation, but some products are petroleum based and could be thinned down, maybe.