R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th On-Road World Championship Pictures
Old 09-26-2003, 12:29 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Collari's Kyosho Fantom

Originally posted by InitialD
There was a post here that discussed the differences between the prototype Kyosho Fantom and the Serpent 950R. The picture of Josh's Kyosho Fantom which has tghe laid down throttle servo was actually linked from Mike Myer's forgas image server but after since there was some technical problems, the picture could not be found anymore.
I see; however, I wouldn't be so hasty as to say that Josh's car was the "latest Kyosho prototype". That's like saying his heavily modified TC3 is the latest prototype from Associated.

I've never seen such a setup on any other Team Kyosho driver's car and I've seen dozens of pictures of Bertin's car at various stages of development.

Has anyone seen a laid down throttle servo on anyone else's Fantom besides Cyrul's? The reason I ask is that Cyrul used to drive for Trinity and so he drove the G4. I would not be surprised if he just took the idea from that car and fabricated a similar setup for his 1/8th scale.

I'm fairly certain that what Collari, Bertin, and others were driving was the latest Kysoho car. It no longer looks like a prototype compared to earlier photos, but rather a kit ready to start selling...

I have yet to see a photo of Cyrul's Fantom [with the body off] from the Worlds. I know a lot were taken the final day of qualifying when his TQ winning car was on display, so they're out there somewhere.