R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hard case for KO Helios?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Jesse Robbers
Tech Addict

I've been using the grey plastic case JR makes for their Z-1 radio with the KO drop down wheel extension. This case will protect the radio, but it's not strong enough to sit/stand on. Also the radio is a tight fit, there isn't much or any foam between the wheel and the lid, very small gap. So if anything hits it hard or heavy, the radio could be damaged. I just got done looking for some boxes, I asked about the ebay one and it's dimensions are outer. I think it'd be a little too small for the radio with the wheel kit, and it's not strong enough to stand on. Pelican is very good, the 1450 model medium size case will fit the radio fine with the wheel kit. This one was the smallest Pelican made to fit the radio, but b/c of it's handles and outer case design, it's outer dimensions were a bit large which makes traveling harder. The cheapest I found this case for was $80 or so. So I ended up ordering a M11 case and a Spektrum case (surface one) to see which works better. These two looked the best for the size, appearance, and strength. The M11 I know you can sit/stand on, Spektrum....not sure yet.