R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mike Truhe comments on brushless electric 1/8 scale racing..
Old 01-01-2009, 08:38 AM
HandyRacing
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thuren
Personaly, I think the weight is too far back. I would also rather have one pack to keep it simple, faster battey changes, and to keep the weight down.
The thing I like about the Castor product is they're helping bring the new class opportunity to more folks at a lower price point, of course the opposite being the Losi offering with the premium price point.

And of course, with the new Castle combo specifically designed for this platform, the options are nearly unlimited.

More than anything I think more options are better, for everyone. I feel the new class / platform / brushless electric racing will grow exponentially, and I suspect far more doors will be opened than closed.

I'm especially encouraged to see folks like Truhe speaking out in a positive light about the potential upside - and with more and more Pro Nitro drivers "coming out of the closet" and being willing to be seen / quoted about the new racing paradigm, it cant do anything but help.

The thing is now, unlike before, racers of all skill levels and budgets can begin to get into a brushless 1/8 buggy and race. And of course, at the club level is where the revolution is happening.....