R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Should Stock Brushed Motors go away in higher level events?
Old 01-01-2009, 03:29 AM
miller tyme
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
<--- against hand out motors. All they ever do is add expense to any event. And at no time has a constant D-main guy, because of his "equal handout motor", dominated the A-main.

Hand out motors change nothing. And you still have to pass tech with it... so why not pass tech with what you already have?
I completely agree, but unfortunelty the entry did not reduce when it was BYO motor last Nationals

Originally Posted by Trips
... mentoring program...
What i see a LOT of is that a new racer might come along and no matter hoe excited or enthusiastic, R/C racing is one complicated discipline. There's a TON to learn, and not that I want to make a sexist remark, this hobby IS pretty much a guy thing. Guys don't like to ask directions. Guys don't read the manual. Guys don't like to ask for help. Most of my friends will drive around in circles til the tank is empty before stopping to ask for directions, then give up and go home without ever getting to where they were going....
Great concept and Idea, difficult to implement. Our club took a unique approach a few years ago. We had a 3 man team competition in rubber T/C. with about 30-40 drivers (at the time) it worked well. Each Team had to be made up of a normal 'A' main driver a middle of the road driver and lower main driver. It was to everyones benefit to help each other at least within the Team. As a recently un-retired RCer, new to T/C and Rubber tires I was the lower driver but with help and extra motivation I ended the second season as the top driver on our team. An 4 years later, I'm full tilt addicted again.