R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 11:50 AM
PitNamedGordie
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam?
I ran 189 last night with my 13.5 DUO (middle hole, 10 degrees timing) with 10 boost and throttle profile 5. Geared it around 4.6, so it came off around 155 after 5 minutes. I'm running rubber tire sedan on a medium-sized carpet track (pictures). While I wouldn't dare call the motor slow, it definitely didn't seem as smooth and ripped as when I run the same motor with an LRP properly geared. It almost feels as if the motor is struggling to get up to speed, and never winding up, where the LRP seems to reach its top speed immediately, and have rip in all portions of the track. It also feels like things fade more quickly. It's a pretty small distinction I guess, but we've spent a LOT of time testing on our current layout (about 20 hours a week for the last two months), so I'm pretty familiar with how things should feel. I can't quite put my finger on why it's different, but there's something that feels slightly amiss. As for lap times, I'd say they were about .2 off with the Tekin.

Any suggestions on things I can try?
Interesting. I thought I felt something similar but I figured it was that I changed my motor to a Novak when I ran the 189. I'd be interested to see if you went back to the older software could you feel a difference? Did you do much running with the original software?

Right now all of my timing in the ESC, 0 at the motor. I was going to play around with putting more timing at the motor like you did. But hearing what you have said I might also try going back to the original software and comparing times.