R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Power Push Batteries
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 09:57 AM
PREMKRAFT
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'd been wanting to put in my 2 cents regarding Slim and Power Push for a couple of months, but it's been a wild time around my household, and things have finally settled down. But, now that I can say that I've been running Power Push products for 4 months.........I've got to tell you...........these are the real deal. By far the best batteries I have ever run!!!!!

Tony is "old school" when it comes to the care and attention he puts into cycling and testing his products. I'm an electrical engineer and I've discussed the matching and cycling process with Tony in detail. He has got it right. What he does is not magic.......it simply requires time, patience, and care for each product he puts out on the street. In this day and age of mass production, Tony still seems to find the time to do this.

I've tested these packs, head-to-head, on the track against the whole range of competitors products. These packs have a clear advantage in back-to-back testing. I don't make changes easily. I ran for a different battery company for 13 years and won the Snowbirds once with those products. They aren't involved in racing anymore, so I took alot of time before choosing another battery brand to stick with. Power Push is it!! And I made the choice based on over-the-counter packs purchased at my local hobby shop. That say it all.

Lastly, in this "money-is-no-object" , "high performance" racing environment we live in today......I still like things to last for a while. I have beat on my Power Push packs.....hard......for 4 months. I'm cycling them as we speak. The voltage, runtime, and IR are off by less than 1-2% after 4 moths of virtual torture!! What can I say!! I have a big race coming up this weekend. I have heard from a bunch of my racing buddies, that they have new packs coming in for the event. Not me. These cells and still ready to go!! You can't beat that!!

Thanks so much to Slim and the team for everthing. All my best for a Happy New Year!! I'm happy to answer any questions that any of you have on this thread. Take care everyone.

Steve Pemberton