R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mike Truhe comments on brushless electric 1/8 scale racing..
Old 12-31-2008, 08:56 AM
Edumakated
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
In both of those videos ...

Why are they only 6 minutes long?

and anyone else notice what's missing?

Without the sound a lot of the excitement gets sucked out of it...for me anyway, and I know I'm not alone.

Bigger cars require a bigger facility, I think they are cool and all, but who's got the money to dish out on renting a even bigger indoor track. Not going to happen on the west coast... With 1/10 electric you can have more track in a tighter space.

There might be a boon at first but I'd be surprised if we didn't see people running back to the more economical options...
Sound is overrated IMHO, especially indoors. After racing all day with nitros at our indoor track my ears are ringing. Half the nitro guys are wearing earplugs.

I do think nitro has a soul with noise, but at the end of the day it is also why tracks have to be located out in east bumblestank due to the noise pollution. Personally, I hate having to drive 50 miles to the middle of a cornfield just so residential areas won't get disturbed. My thinking is that the electric 1/8 will bring more people into the hobby so tracks can afford larger spaces and actually locate in an area where people live...