R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR 1/12 weight limit
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 07:27 AM
Scottrik
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
that crock of shit thing nearly cost me a keyboard when I blew mountain dew out my nose.
You know me...I'm here to entertain!

I just get so frustrated listening to people who really don't know what they're talking about (at least re: future ramifications), or if they do they're lying, trying to justify the latest tech(s) as costing less, being easier, being more equal, etc. Brushless motors have made racing cost more, plain and simple. And watching what I've seen thus far...in STOCK racing, mind you...it ain't any easier either. I watched guys spend more time in a day futzing with their laptop and esc than I have ever spent in a year turning comms and re-brushing motors. Then again, I never fell for the "ya gotta re-turn/re-brush every heat" line. Hell, I rarely re-brush or re-turn in a half season. It is exceedingly rare that I remove a motor from my car. Being the brutally honest with myself person I am I'm very aware that the little boost in hp I'd realize ain't what's keeping me from beating Mitch and Randy. It's skill, and I can't buy any of that or tune it at my bench. Though as I saw when I got to race (practice) eight of ten days leading up to Christmas (instead of the eight race days per year we can schedule here) I definitely improve with additional track time. Go figure.

And LiPo...anybody who tells me a LiPo pack is going to be easier at the same time it re-introduces receiver packs (honest to god quote: "they aren't so bad") leaves me shaking my head. I guess I'll wait and see what these booster thingies do and how easy they are to incorporate. I'm just looking SO forward to adding yet another electronic doo-hickey to my car that I'm lying awake nights like it's Christmas Eve all over again. I can hardly wait for St. Novak to come down my chimney and servo tape another transistor-fied bit of goodness to my car.