R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mike Truhe comments on brushless electric 1/8 scale racing..
Old 12-30-2008, 08:15 PM
stfitzgerald
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
it will not overtake 1/10 electric. the world is gettin smaller and most facilities (especially those on grounds of a hobby shop) dont have the room for big 1/8 stuff. need i say 1/18 scale and its growing popularity. he's right bout the aspects of nitro vs electric. roar says 10min, just go with it.

i will say the 2 E8 bugs that were mixin it with the nitros at the local indoor (yes indoor nitro) track sunday scared the crap outta me. flyin over ur head with ease and a short run up, making a triple out of the big double and the speedbump b4 the uTurn. insane stuff--moreso when u see them lift or hit the power late b/c they can easily overjump the entire turn and end up in next lane over or even into the warehouse wall!

granted, they also smell real bad when they burn up now heh

R
10 Minutes!Thats like runing a Nascar race for only 100 miles.Or a supercross main for 5 laps.The technology is there to easily do 20 minutes.1/18th scale is dead on the west coast.(the mecca of the RC industry)