R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR 1/12 weight limit
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Trips
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
Scott, at my local track (which also happens to be Trips local track) we have seen the exact opposite. People are switching in droves to touring car, thanks to brushless motors and LiPo batteries. Thanks to the lack of maintenance necessary, people are actually enjoying racing now. 1/12 scale has seen a decline because you cannot run LiPo in that class (at least according to the track owner). And more people want to run brushless in 1/12, but don't want to deal with the weight penalty.
Jim, we're pretty much all running brushless now in 1/12 at 360, I might have been the last bruhed hold-out, but even I've made the switch. LiPO's are allowed for club racing, just not for the big events (I may be wrong, but I think we even had a deviation for the regional; allowing the 3.7 LiPO for 1/12, but you would have had to run with the 17.5 AND make the ROAR weight, which would have effectively crippled a 3.7 car.)

Originally Posted by jiml
The problem is right now we're in the middle of a huge transition, and there are no easy answers.
I couldn't agree more.