R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fukuyama Batteries
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2003, 11:35 PM
RBLove
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Default Charging/Discharging

Recommendations: Below are the methods I use to charge and discharge. Boviously with my Fukuyama Racing packs...

Before the first charge of my race day I will put the pack in an equalization tray. I only do this one time per race day before the first charge.

I charge at 6 amps with a .04 cut off. I attempt to have the charge complete right before racing. Usually never happens (too late or too early). So I repeak the pack "1" time at the same charge rate and cut off.

After the run I discharge the pack at 30 amps to 5.40 for 6 cell or 3.60 for 4 cell.

I let the battery rest for a couple of hours. Let them temp come down and get a good rest.

I try to practice one time each with my batteries and then race and qualify with them. Second run on the Fuku packs is AMAZING.

Second run I charge the pack the same way, but do "NOT" tray the pack. Once the run is over I discharge at 30 amps to 5.40 or 3.60 and let the battery sit until the next race day.

I have found no ill effect letting a battery sit at a discharge of 5.40 or 3.60 for a few week time period. Seems to be no advantage in storing the battery with a charge "UNLESS" you are talking months.

For mod racing:
I like to run the pack one time per race day and charge at 5 amps instead of 6. Provides great run time and still gives the punch needed. If chosen to run a second time in the day the run time drops slightly, but voltage goes up and ir's go down. This is why I HIGHLY recommend two runs for stock and only 1 for mod if run time is an issue.

All of my charging is done on a CE GFX.

Hope I didn't ramble on to much and you find the information to be beneficial. You may already have a system that works for you and that is great, but if you are looking for a method or need some advice try the above. Feel free to PM me or e-mail me at [email protected] with any questions you might have or post them here. I am here to provide support to the Fukuyama Racing customers.

WWW.FUKUYAMARACING.COM for all your voltage needs