R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1
Thread: Xray T1
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 11:10 AM
chris moore
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by flatspunout
Here's a question for you guys running brushless in your T1's (Chris I'm looking at you)...what spur are you running to get the low FDR's required by brushless? Santa brought me a Speed Passion combo and I was told to start around 4.50 FDR, and the limited motor adjustability is driving me nuts! A smidge too high and the rear belt rubs the can, a smidge too low and the can rubs the pavement. Im running the low-ratio pulleys (32/18 1.77) so I'm looking for around 2.54 spur/pinion ratio. For reference, I ran 124/37 with my CO27 (64P obviously lol).

-rocky b

Well going brushless is where the FK04 and earlier cars show their age. We run around a 4.6 FDR here which is possible with a 116 spur and 44 pinion(works out to a 4.66). Ihave this on my evo now[IMG][/IMG]

But thats really only half the issue, cooling the motor is a huge problem. Having the motor centered in the chassis is great for weight distribution but it gets less air on the motor to cool it down. And with the layshaft right over the motor its almost impossible to put a heatsink/fan on the motor. I did machine one of the novaks to fit inside the bulkhead/belt but I still have to find a better way to fit it in around all the componets as you can see.
[IMG][/IMG]