R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 10:19 AM
BadSign
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rockin_bob
As I've said in previous posts, the 21.5 lipo is the most competitive and after 2 months it is the cheapest. I suggest a time frame, perhaps the beginning of the next fall season that the only legal motor/ battery is 21.5 lipo. Racers will have 9 months to do odd jobs, mow some lawns, to get the $250 together to join the crowd and stop their complaining about not being fast enough. I put it to the floor for a vote. BC
I know this isn't a democracy, but I couldn't agree more with Bob. new racers coming into VTA are not bringing old technology. We average 18-20 racers a week her in Indy, with over 40 total competing at one point or another. That's after starting with just 5 in the summer. Nearly everyone is using 21.5/Lipo, even those of us who started with 4 cell stock. Mandating new tech will help new racers, rather than saddle them with old equipment which needs constant attention and maintenance. Brushless systems are getting cheaper, and more used equipment will be available as time passes