R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen Open Cup, TRS Shanghai China.
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 04:28 AM
kitracer
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NjordNL
Can you post the adress of the track? If you have information on other tracks in Shanghai area, especially offroad 1:8, I would appreciate information on that to.

Reason is simple. Since oktober I life ca 40% of my time in Shanghai. I am involved on advice and helping Chinese based companies and goverment institures out on starting up R&D programms (horticulture and biotech engineering). I would definitely like to keep up my driving skills in Shanghai to (in fact at the moment right now I am in Shanghai, will return to NL for newyear and be back end januar). I am hooked on 1:8 offroad but so far I did not find an offroad track in Shanghai. Would run onroad 1:8 rallygame if there is nothing else.
In Guangzhou where I stayd a few days there was a good track and race at the moment I was there. I did hear of this a few days after the race-event. Some drivers I know from joining the same Europe race scene where over for that race (drivers of the Ishima racing team). It is pitty I did not knew of that race. I would have joined for sure to measure up with and getting acquanted with chinese drivers. Will stay on parttime living in China for at least 3 years.
Here is the Address in Chinese, may be cut and paste give to Taxi driver.
上海TRS赛车场(上海市沪青平公路1928号)

it is just outside a Bus station and almost opposite to large shopping Mall (carrefour and star buck...etc..)

you can also contact Tommy , [email protected] for more details.

I dont know about Off road track in Shanghai yet but you never Know. RC is picking up in China. A new Track could appear anytime. Currently there is 2 new On road in Shanghai both are very high standard. In fact, TRS just finished in Sept 2008.