R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 06:32 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 05forfun
I never used center one way, but I doubt it will make any difference. The center pulley doesn't have diff function (I suppose, at least my ta05 doesn't), then if you use forward only ESC the car can only go forward which means the center pulley can only rotate forward (one way), then now what is the difference between using two way and one way? The only difference I can theoretically imagine is that you can no long physically push your car backward because the center is fixed. Well as I state at the beginning I never used it, these are just based on my understanding, so if I am wrong please correct me
One ways prevent the front wheels from being retarded under braking, in fact it removes the braking action from the front wheels entirely giving you a rear wheel braking only car.

This allows the front wheels to maintain a higher rolling speed into the corner, which is what is responsible for the increased turn-in that comes with using a one-way (centre or front)..

Front one way is the same as centre one way, but with a centre one way you can "tune" the front diff action to control the increased turn-in.