R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MP9 vs 808 quality
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 07:26 PM
butch man
Tech Master

The 808 pins I have replaced are the 3mm dogbone end & 2.5mm pins that are in the actuall cv joint & the bearings are not the ones that are reported to have problems(pinion) just the outer wheel bearings.I have replaced them all but at a $1 each I would on any car. If your driving a losi now the pins would not be considered a problem to you they last twice as long as my losi(buggy & truggy) did & the only ones that wore faster than I thought they should were the front center dogbone end & front center cv end. Those are the highest wear pins on any car though. 808 guys just get spoiled in the head because no other parts of the car wears like any of my last cars did so it seems that parts wearing at what is considered normal for other brands is fast for the x-ray all a trick of perception. Outer wheel bearings went much faster than I consider normal for any car but you must consider that x-ray did the same thing that losi did they went to a bearing size with tiny balls,a trade off of durability for light weight & low rolling resistance.The 808 outer wheel bearings still lasted longer than my losi diff outdrive bearings(about the same size). Unlike my losi I was able to use real bearings(8x16) at my diff out drives in the 808,not what was designed to be there but they fit perfect & are easier to shim.

I would also like to say Vlad is wrong. I crash my 808 just as much as I crashed all the other cars I had & it has so far not broken,worn or bent. Its not maint + luck + driving skill. It should read Bulletproof= maint + the product you bought. Again I'm not saying K will have problems because the K cars I do have never had abnormal problems just that I have never encountered a car like the 808,that simply has no weak points & has never let me down. I dont expect you to understand, as I formally would have thought this type of talk was some retard fanboy kid but some day you'll race & maybe pit regularly with 808 owner & you'll get it then. Or do what many racers do ,just move from car to car till you find one that fits your expectations.