R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Should Stock Brushed Motors go away in higher level events?
Old 12-26-2008, 01:41 PM
mikel33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme
The reason for this thread is the HIGHER LEVEL events. First the cost of going brushless is a drop in the bucket to Travel expenses, hotels, tire budget, and fresh batteries, lots of brushes, and fresh brushed motors. Second I think brushless only would be a cost savings for most. This issue arose ofer the current weight limit which if left alone gives a distinct advantage to brushed, meaning at Higher level events if one fast guy has it anyone else wishing to compete with him will have to convert back to brushless and possibly replace all the gear they sold last year.

Those are great classes but from what I've seen a lot of tracks don't have the turnout for that many classes so it's mix every one up. That said this proposal should have no effect on the club scene.
I understand about this thread starting at the higher level and I'm not advocating making national races look like club races. There should be a step up. I was just trying to make the point that all levels of racing should make some effort to get people into the sport. I also agree that you can't always mix by motor, we have the same issues sometimes. Just using that as an example of how you can have a few classes to allow possibly more enjoyable racing for more people. Just my 2 cents.