R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 12-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Quante
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thx for the nice comments all!!
Yep, I know the hatzenbach and its a very nice piece of work (stole the lexan bumper idea from it).
But I didnt quite like the idea of having RC18 dampers on the car (sorry John ) and then having to cut springs to put on them.
It would've been easier to desingn in though cause they're not as "fat" as the TRF shocks.
Lengthwise, the TRF's and the RC18 dampers arent that much different.

On the front end my spring problem is leverage, thx for the idea but the Corally springs you mean are way to soft (I drove a C10 for about 5 years, best car I ever had), atm I settles for 1/8 Nitro springs (uhuh, nitro springs).
I have no idea what rating they are but they go over the hardest asso touring springs I have (copper or something like that).

I'm gonna start thinking on how to mount/build a sway bar on the front just as the C10 had (car is stripped for parts anyway).

Added a few pictures on the front end, you can check out my kingpin. This must be the most creative thing on my car, the Rod of a L2 center damper screwed into a ball from the CRC Bloody knife (used under the springs) all under the pressure of a spring. Zero slop (I really mean 0) and still very smooth and easy to move.
If I bend one I have a big ploblem, I only had 2 L2 center dampers .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010133_resized.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	400250   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010135_resized.JPG
Views:	277
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	400251