Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 01:06 PM
PartTime
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
to part time,
it's not much of a surprise that your CRC car would push with a silver shock spring (unless you are talking about the super stiff CRC silver one). The regular silver spring is much too soft for a link car. Tbar cars usually are run with the olive or the silver spring. But link cars are typically run with at least the gold spring and most guys use a red (which is at least 2 steps stiffer than silver). some guys even go up to a copper center spring, although that much never seems to work for me. If you need to dope your entire front in order to get enough steering, that's an indicator that your chassis setup is crying out for more mechanical steering. Perhaps you might want to try a red shock spring and white side springs (which is the typical combo for the genX). Other ways to get more steering......go to 45 front springs (one step lighter than the kit), limit the shock length to reduce the droop (overtravel) to about 1mm max when measured at the back of he main chassis. add some toe out up front. increase camber to about 1.5 or max of 2 degrees. go up to red side springs. Use something akin to 20,000 in the tubes (I like the blue cap extra heavy CRC stuff). Each of these things will add steering. But first I'd suggest that you try the red spring and the 1mm droop. That should help alot and should get you in the ballpark.
Sorry, for got to mention it was a crc shock springs.

I agree with you that its crying for more mechanical front grip. Hence the softer front tire. Thinking about going softer again. Plus it would help with the tires wearing closer to the same frt to back.

It did feel like it needed more inital steering. I had around 1 to 1.5mm of droop in the pod. Was thinking about making it bigger. Isnt that supposta help with inital ??

DK