R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 09:15 PM
snoopyrc
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIG JIM WOODMAN
I'm not sure adding another motor to the mix is very produtive at this time. The rules as they are now, provide for the racer to use a power combo he may already own or step up and spring for the 21.5 option. It's really easy for me to understand. Some day in the near future, we will not have any choice when it comes to using lipo's. The 4 cell/6cell pack as we know it will no longer be availible. Same for brushed/brushless motors. The way I see it, current rules allow most anyone to race in this class. I know you die hard racers can have fun at this too. Race hard but slow down to enjoy life. Big Jim

MERRY CHRISTMAS TOO ALL!!!!
I agree with you on all counts, but adding that powerplant wasnt what Doug mentioned. He was talking about making it the only option. Your choices would be take it or leave it. It doesnt matter since I think he was joking.
Does a 23.5 even exist? It shouldnt be to hard to come up with if you had some mfr support. Just build a Novak 21.5 and go around two more times.
Originally Posted by rcterp
Apex - it looks like the sarcasm fell on deaf ears..... nice try though.
If the motor really existed and was readily available, I would actually think it was a good idea. However the class has a lot of momentum as it is and 21.5 lipo will likely be the standard if the rules are just left the way they are.