R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 09:27 AM
oeoeo327
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Vintage Trans Am racing is 75% driving + 25% car setup. Nothing else. I don't care what equipment or motor option you are using.

Learn now to setup the car you own. Learn how to drive the car you own. When you get beat week after week by a couple of car lengths and make no mistakes and run perfect laps within a tenth of a second every time, then come to me and complain about equipment advantages.

Race your TC3, Mi2, Pro4, Xray or whatever and learn how to make it work better for your needs. Learn what makes the car change on the track. Learn how to make it .1 quicker without changing more than one thing at a time. Learn how to carry more momentum in corners to pick up .1 a lap without changing a single thing.

Stop worrying about what other racers are doing to try to cut corners. Stop worrying about heating blankets and programmable speedos and whizzy tire sauces and heat guns and unobtanium parts. It doesn't matter. Racers who think those things are important should go back to foam tire touring cars and leave Trans Am alone.

The more clucking that takes place over the powerplant rules, the more I want to up the weight minimum 250g and create a USVTA 23.5 turn spec motor.
+1, minus the extra weight rule (I'm not so sure on the 23.5 either). If I want to drive a car that heavy, I'll go back to running an RTR nitro class.