View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 08:10 PM
DaveC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Guys, please do not come on here and make nominations for officers or commit to joining the club. If you want to make nominations or commit, please send an e-mail to the above address. That way it gets to who needs it and we have a record of it.

Redman, I understand the apprehension. If the club gets enough committed members and the landlord agrees to the terms, then it is a done deal for the 5 months. That is why we are trying to raise the money up front, so we have the power of a lump sum of cash to offer to the landlord. I believe it will be much easier for him to accept the offer if we have $10,000.00 in cash for the 5 months, as apposed to offering him $2,000.00 a month for 5 months, where he really doesn't have a "guarantee" of total payment. Especially in these economic times, that much cash up front would probably sway most landlords. If for some reason people commit and the deal does not go through, everybody would get their money back. That is the whole point of setting up the club with officers and its own bank account. Hometown Hobbies will not be affiliated with the club in any way. And neither Tim or I will be on the executive board of the club, just members like others. I think this is the best way to keep it seperated.

If you guys have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I will be more than happy to answer what I can.